Wednesday, August 1, 2007

that yummy recipe i promised and a recap of our fun week

First, the recipe. Nutella Rolls.

This is super easy, only requires a few ingredients, and it's really fast to make. I got this recipe from Becky's blog and had to try it myself. Here is what you need:

As you can see, you need
-crescent rolls (I use reduced fat but go for the good stuff if you so desire)
-Nutella (a hazelnut spread found near peanut butter at the store)
-optional: banana
-optional: powdered sugar
Spread out a crescent roll triangle, drop a dallop of Nutella in the middle add a slice of banana if you want (I actually like them better without bananas), and then wrap them up. Do this with as many as you want to make and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and put them in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes, or until they are golden and look baked. Yum!

Onto last week. It was really fun having my mom, Lindsey (my sister) and Dylan (her boyfriend) here. My mom and I worked like crazy on completing three 8x8 anniversary albums.




I made this album for my grandparents' 50th anniversary last summer. It is in a "He Said, She Said" format with questions I asked them and then they each wrote their answers down. You can see the one I made last year here. We made these pretty much the same since I wanted one, my mom wanted one, and she wanted to make one for one of her siblings. It's nice to have them done. It was a fun little project.

We also saw Harry Potter and Hairspray in the theater (both good movies - Hairspray was fun and different than every other movie, plus I'm a John Travolta fan, so I liked it), we played games, went to Pike's Place (I love the fresh fruit and beautiful flowers at Pike's), took a Ferry to Bainbridge Island (where we had the best ice-cream ever at a place called Mora's), we took Dylan to see the Seattle Library (check out how cool it looks), we went to Kerry Park, and out to eat a few times. The pig pictured is one of the many around the city (almost on every corner - all different kinds). I think they're doing it since it's the Zodiac year of the pig. Kind of cool to see the different kinds. It was so fun to hang out with everyone and spend time together. (We missed you Levi and Leslero...hope we'll see you in Utah in a couple of weeks!)

*Check out how huge these tomatoes and avocados are!*





*The library*

*One of the many pigs in Seattle*

*My mom, Tyson, Lindsey, and me on the ferry*

1 comment:

Crystal Lynn said...

Yummy Yummy and SO GOOD! Thanks!