Sunday, August 5, 2007

*i love weekends*

I love them because Dub and I get to hang out and relax. Friday night we hung out with Crystal and Tyler and Shannon and Jeremiah. We had dinner at Crystal and Tyler's house and then went to see Bourne Ultimatum. I really liked it - couldn't take my eyes off the screen the whole time. Then Saturday was Dub's company picnic. It was held at Mountain Meadows Farm in North Bend, which is one of the most beautiful places I have seen in Washington so far. (Okay, so maybe I say that about every place in Washington I've been to. It's just all so gorgeous.) It is right at the base of Mt. Si. So pretty. Amazon certainly knows how to throw a party. There were so many things to do and so much food. I was pleasantly surprised that they were serving Lentil Curry over rice (as well many other things from Gyros and Calzones to Vegie Burgers. I loved that there were vegetarian options. I have really noticed that in Washington and am so happy about it). There were lots of rides and things for kids to do (a little train, one of those bouncy things, mini golf, games, etc.). We enjoyed listening to the a cappella group, playing pool (similar to mini golf but with little pool tables), and our favorite - bingo. We thought we'd try a round or two and got sucked in for about an hour and a half. Dub even won a laser leveler. And of course we enjoyed taking a few pictures. After the picnic we hit a couple of garage sales and antique stores in North Bend. Then last night we ordered pizza and watched Prelude to a Kiss. I had bought it at a garage sale last week for .25 (even though I had never heard of it but I figured I would give it a chance since Meg Ryan was in it) and I have to say it wasn't even worth that. Not our favorite movie ever, but it was still fun to hang out and watch it. Tonight I have been scrapbooking. I'll share my layouts soon. Here are some pictures from yesterday.


We thought this huge wagon filled with drinks was pretty cool.



These are the little pool tables that were so fun.

This huge basketball was pretty cool.



And this last picture is Dub in front of Jeff Bezos and his family (the founder of amzon).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ab, it sounds like the work party was so much fun. What a beautiful place. You are having such wonderful experiences in Washington.

Crystal Lynn said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I LOVE the huge wagon full of drinks... When are We gonna have a bingo night?!? :)

Anonymous said...

cute pictures! looks like you two had soo much fuN! i'm diggin wendel dressed up like a woman.. typical wendel :)