Monday, May 12, 2008
a fun little tag
My friend Jaimie tagged me a while ago and I've been meaning to get to it. I think this is a really fun one. I use this blog for a type of journal as well as a way to keep in touch with friends, and I think this entry will be fun to look back on.
What were you doing 10 years ago?In May of 1998 I was eighteen years old. I had just come back home to AZ from Minnesota, where I had been nannying for nine months. I was sad to leave but also so happy to be back with my friends - we hung out all hours of the night and I slept in until at least 11 every day until I eventually got a job at a doctor's office. My two best friends told me about a month before that they were both engaged (within days of each other). I was pretty crazy about a boy I had previously been "just friends" with and he pretty much consumed my thoughts day and night. One of my best guy friends actually got set apart for his mission ten years ago from tonight and I was there to watch (I've been consulting my journal - I didn't just know that off the top of my head). I was looking forward to starting my first college classes at the nearby community college. Spending time on the Arizona Temple grounds was a big part of my life. Basically, ten years ago my life revolved around my friends (most of them being guys). It was relatively care-free and very happy.
What were you doing five years ago? May of 2003...I was engaged to W. I was feeling marriage anxiety (many of you who read this know that I had a lot of anxiety about marriage, not W, and that I had to work through that before I could get married. This was part of that difficult time). Five years ago from today Elizabeth Smart was found. I was living in Utah, working in SLC, and this was huge news there.
What were you doing five months ago?
December 2007...not too much has changed since then. Still going to school, but further along in my program.
5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Go to aerobics
2. Set up a Dr. appointment for W for his foot.
3. Prep for class presentation.
4. Straighten up the house.
5. Call newspaper and change to Sunday paper only.
5 snacks I enjoy:
1. avocado on toast with lemon pepper and a little salt.
2. chocolate covered granola bars
4. salad (especially with avocado in it and Light House Bleu Cheese Dressing)
5. sugar snap peas
5 things I would do if i became a billionaire:
1. Donate a lot of money to various charities. Seriously, I think we have a lot of our priorities mixed up in our country and I really want to help to change that.
2. Give some to a certain friend of mine who is struggling through school as a single mom.
3. Take W to Australia and have him take me to Russia.
4. Go to Ireland (this has been a dream of mine for many years).
5. Pay off our houses.
5 bad habits:
1. Going to bed late, getting up late.
2. Spending a lot of time on the computer.
3. Running late.
4. Letting my scrapbook room fall apart while I'm in school.
5. I have a difficult time saying no to people, which has caused a lot of stress in my life.
5 places I've lived:
1. Blacksburg, VA
2. SLC, UT
3. Sydney, NSW, Australia
4. Rexburg, ID
5. Minneapolis, MN
5 things people don't know about me:
At least some of you know some of this, but I'll type it out anyway.
1. I have 64 journals.
2. I almost died in a plane crash when my mom was five months pregnant with me.
3. My first kiss was when I was 15.
4. W and I were engaged three times on account of my aforementioned marriage anxiety.
5. I have attended seven different colleges/universities and I am still working on my Bachelor's degree. Sad, but true. (Moral of the story - don't play the transfer game if at all possible.)
5 people I am tagging:
PS Andrea, I would love, love, love to read your take on this on your blog but I know you are super busy with moving. If you have a minute, indulge me.