Monday, November 12, 2007

*gratitude *

I have been tagged by Marci to list ten things I'm grateful for. I love this tag - it's always so uplifting to reflect on my blessings and my happy life.

1. School. I am so grateful to be back in school, studying something that I am passionate about. I absolutely love my program. I love all of my classes, especially Historical Approaches to Social Welfare. I am learning so much I didn't know about America's history (not all good, but I'm still glad I'm learning it). I really love school.

2. Dub. I cannot describe how much fun we have. Our inside jokes would sound crazy, but I will say that I never knew I could be so silly, so happy, or laugh so much on a daily basis before I met him. He's amazing and I feel grateful every day to be married to him. (This is a bad scan but I love this picture so I'm posting it anyway.)

3. My faith. It is truly the compass in my life. There is not a day that goes by that it is not integrated into my life in some way. It brings me hope, peace, love, endurance, strength, and happiness.
4. Modern conveniences, such as plumbing, electricity, and heat. I take these for granted most of the time, but I really am grateful for them.
5. My family. (Since I already had a layout about them in one of my mini books, I'll share that.) They're wonderful.

6. The amazing experiences I've had in my life. I was a nanny in Minnesota, I was able to serve a mission for my church in Australia, I've lived in numerous states, and I've met wonderful people along the way.
7. Good health.
8. Our boys. (Yes, they have pink tags on their collars. It was the only choice at the time. Poor things.)


8. My computer and the internet.
9. Our camera. (And our mutual love for photography.)

10. And on this Veteran's Day, I would like to express my gratitude for those who have sacrificed, and continue to sacrifice for our country. Thank you.


I also wanted to point out how great gratitude journals are. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am all about keeping journals and preserving stuff for the future. I started this journal in 2003 during a particularly difficult time in my life. I love flipping through the pages and reading about how blessed I am. Try it. It's so uplifting. I like that I don't feel overwhelmed with writing a long entry either - I just write a line or two, sometimes even just a word or two. It has really blessed my life.


And now I am going to tag Andrea, Becky Householder, Crystal, Kamarah, Kristi Pace, and Eryn. (And anyone else who wants to join in.)

2 comments:

Kim said...

great list!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Love it! I accept! I am glad to see cute pictures of Wendel and your cats too!