Saturday, June 9, 2007

no mail for you!

Have you seen that Seinfeld with the Soup Nazi? Funny, right? Funny until it happens to you. There is a man who works at our local post office and he isn't far off. Every time I'm there I hope I get the other guy because this guy really is pretty rude. I don't know if he means to be - maybe he just hates his job and ends up taking it out on other people. In any event, I seem to end up with him most of the time and it's always an unpleasant experience. Today I was there mailing a layout to Australia for publication and the only box they had that would fit a 12x12 layout did not allow delivery confirmation of any kind to be sent with it. He made a huge deal about it. Fine. Whatever. Then the box doesn't close completely on the sides and I ask him for some tape. "You bring your own tape!" is the response I get. I am beyond annoyed. I tell him it would be nice if there was a sign posted about this, since I have always used the post office's tape in the past. He points to the wall, causing a scene (for the very long line behind me) and says, "Why would we sell tape if we gave it away for free?!? Can't you see the tape over there?!?" (I guess this is a new thing – I remember there used to be stations set up at the post office with tape and scissors and labels for people to use. I guess that is a thing of the past?) Okay. Just finish and get out of here. So I say, "I guess I'll buy some tape then." "It's over there." "So I have to loose my place in line to buy tape?" Luckily the overly cheerful guy at the next counter hands me some tape, saying a customer left some "extra." He begrudgingly takes it and uses the tiniest pieces on my package. The whole ordeal took about 20 minutes and I could feel people staring at me as I walked past the line towards the door. Seriously, I can be in a great mood, walk in the post office and have to deal with that guy, and be grumpy the rest of the day. I'm sure I'm also grumpy because I've been sick and I STILL haven't heard from the social work program. They are killing me!

But I'm trying not to dwell on it. So to cheer me up I bought some stuff to make homemade salsa and guacamole (my favorite thing to eat. ever.) and I'm looking forward to hanging out with Wendel, watching some Monk tonight.

Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Why do people have to be so rude? So annoying! But enjoy your salsa and guacamole! Yum!