Saturday, December 20, 2014

A few thoughts before baby girl joins us

Five days until Christmas. It seems to come faster every year. Four days until sweet Joshua turns two. Difficult to believe he's only been here with us for two years. He is such a sweet little boy. Two months until this baby girl makes her arrival. I am beyond exhausted and happy this is likely my last pregnancy. It feels so much more difficult on my body this time around, probably because I'm older, in addition to having two energetic boys to keep up with. Some days I hardly sit down at all. I'm excited to meet our daughter and have her on the outside of my body but I'm also nervous for the newborn stage. It's exhausting as well. I feel like I have so much to do before she comes. Her room isn't ready. The walls are painted and her dresser is painted but I still have two shelves to paint white, a window seat to put together and decorating to do. I need to get our room organized since she will be in a bassinet with us for the first few months. It seems like there are a million little things that need to be done but I can't focus on them until after Christmas. I wonder who she will look like. Oliver and I talk about that sometimes. He's very excited to meet her and has been anticipating her arrival. I'm worried about Josh. He's such a mama's boy and I think it will be difficult for him to have to share my lap and attention. I'm a little nervous about going from two to three. Some people say it's not bad and others say it's incredibly difficult. I have a feeling I'll fall into the later category. Right now Wendel can take one and I can take the other but with a third we're outnumbered. I wonder what her name will be. I realize it is partially up to me to make that decision but it's difficult when we don't agree. Wendel likes to wait until after the baby is born to even discuss names, which is frustrating. I get not choosing a name before meeting the baby but not discussing the names at all kills me. I don't like waiting until I'm in a post-pardum, emotional, sleep-deprived state to make such a big decision. If it were up to only me, I would name her Kate. I like that it's an older, classic name, is easy to spell and pronounce and I love how it sounds. Kate Schultz. Wendel feels it's too popular. Speaking of baby girl, I can see my stomach moving up and down right now from her little kicks. I'm a little nervous because I had an ultra sound about a month ago and at that time the tech told me she's in the 89th percentile compared to other babies as far along as she is and proceeded to tell me she's going to be a very big baby. That makes me a little nervous. I'm grateful she's healthy, though. I'm very excited to have a little girl join our family.

I am so incredibly tired and starting to get a headache so I'm signing out.

No comments: