Friday, February 22, 2013

Liebster "Award"

About a month ago, some friends nominated my blog for the "Liebster Award"...which basically isn't an award as much as a shout out saying they read my blog and want me to answer some questions here.  So here you go girls.  Better late than never.  (Note: I answered most of these questions a month ago and am just posting.)

Here are Ashlee's questions:

1.  What did you do on your last date? We went to the temple and then had a very late dinner (it was after 10:00 pm when we got there) at Native New Yorker. (Not really our restaurant of choice but we didn't have many options at 10:00 pm on a Tuesday night.)
2.  What was your GPA when you graduated from High School? I really don't know.  I didn't care about my GPA until I got into my social work program and decided I wanted to go to grad school. Then I became super anal about it.  
3.  What is your favorite form of exercise? As boring as it sounds, either walking on a treadmill or step aerobics in a class setting.  Lately I LOVE working out and look forward to hitting the gym with my friend, Autumn, once the kids are bed.  I've never looked forward to working out this much before.  (It might have something to do with having a little "me" time after being home with my kiddos all day.)

4.  Do you care what way the toilet paper goes on the holder? I prefer over the top but if it's the other way I'm not going to change it.  
5.  On average, how many hours of TV and/or movies do you watch per week? 1-2, often none. 
6.  What is your favorite dessert? Tough decision but I think I'll have to go with ice-cream. I love going out for ice-cream when I'm on a date with Wendel. I did have some homemade German Chocolate Pie yesterday that was absolutely amazing
 7.  How many days per week do you eat the same thing for lunch? 3-4. I usually make a veggie wrap now that I'm home.  When I was working, I ate Subway almost every single day and got so sick of it (not many options in the little town I worked in).
8.  How long was your longest labor?  17 hours with Oliver if you count when I first started feeling contractions to delivering. 
9.  What super-hero-power do you wish you had? I wish I could keep all kids safe.

10.  What is your biggest fear? Something happening to Wendel or our children. 

11.   What is your favorite vacation spot?  I've had a long standing dream of going to Ireland someday but having lived in Washington, maybe I'm okay if I don't ever make it there.  Hawaii was pretty cool (and no, I still haven't blogged about our Hawaii trip from 2010).  I would love to take Wendel to Australia someday to show him where I served my mission. 

Now for Katie's questions:
1. What is so cool about the person who nominated you?  When I was in grad school and had just had Oliver, I was kind of a mess.  Katie called me one day and invited me to come over for lunch.  We had a good conversation, I felt uplifted  and it was really what I needed at the time.  I later found out Katie felt prompted to call me and invite me over.  I was grateful she was in tune to get that impression.  It was probably a little thing to her but it was huge for me at that time.
2. What is your biggest regret of 2012? Really not sure.  I know that's a lame answer but that's all I've got.
3.  What was the highlight of 2012?  The birth of Joshua. 
4.  Who do you wish you still kept in touch with, but haven't seen in awhile? My guy friends from high school.  That's the thing about growing up and getting married - you kind of lose your friends of the opposite sex.  You might still be friendly with them but it's not the same level of friendship.  Back in high school, I was the only girl in our group of friends after my two best friends got married the year after graduation (two weeks apart from each other).  It was me and five guys and we did everything together.  I was particularly close to a three of them and really miss their friendship. 
5. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be? It would be interesting to meet Joseph Smith.
6.  What is the best part about your "job"?  My job at CPS - my supervisor.  He's the best supervisor ever.  My job as a mom - the cute things Oliver says and does and when he says "I love you mommy" or signs it to me it melts my heart.  Seeing Joshua smile (even though he's only three weeks old and I know it's not intentional at this point) is so sweet too. I also love being able to comfort my children.
7. Where is your favorite place to eat? (Restaurant.  Not "over the sink" or "in the tub")  I am kind of a foodie type person and could never pick just one but I will say Anthony's and Salty's are at the top of the list. I also love La Grande Orange.  Their Sonoma Salad is so good.
8. What is your dream job? I think I'll eventually be able to say being a stay at home mom...but I'm still working on it right now to be honest.  I do love being a social worker too.
9. Who is your hero, and why? My husband.  He has always supported me and believed in me.  I wouldn't have graduated with my BSW or MSW without him.  He is my rock.  I love his guts (and the rest of him too).
10. What is your lucky number? I really don't have one.
11.  What was the last book you read? I'm currently reading Parenting with Love and Logic.  Before that it was Heaven is Here.  

Thanks girls, this was fun.  This "award" reminded me of "tags."  Whatever happened to those?  

No comments: