|30.5 weeks (I will be 8 months along this Thursday)|
|I love this one Wendel captured of me and my cute boy. He's getting so big!|
A few things:
01. At 30.5 weeks, I am definitely feeling uncomfortable. I feel like the baby will be early but maybe that is just wishful thinking / because Oliver was early.
02. Over at The Weed, Josh asked everyone to check in with how they're doing in these areas and then to make a commitment for this week:
Physically: I have two months left to go of this pregnancy. I feel very uncomfortable, heavy, exhausted, and huge. My back is sore most of the time and I get charly horses in my legs. But I am also excited to be pregnant and looking forward to meeting our little guy.
Emotionally: Drained. My job is draining. It sucks pretty much everything out of me. Also, Oliver is going through a difficult phase and is being very defiant, is having trouble sleeping, and is grumpy a lot. So that takes an emotional toll too.
Spiritually: Could be much better but could be much worse too. I feel the need to focus more on this area. A lot more.
Commitment for this week: Read from the scriptures on my lunch break (first force myself to take a lunch break, which I usually don't) three times this week. Make this a priority.
03. I go on maternity leave on December 11th. I'm not sure I will make it that long, both emotionally and physically. I don't know that the baby will come by then but I am already so physically exhausted and uncomfortable, I am not sure I can keep up with the demands of this job.
04. I am glad I am starting FMLA on December 11th. I need the two weeks before the baby's due date to prepare: ie, finish the nursery, wash the clothes and put them away, clean the house thoroughly, spend some 1:1 time with Oliver, as well as prepare mentally and emotionally for having another baby, going through labor, having two kids, etc. I am a little nervous.
05. Last night we went to Stagecoach Days (like a little carnival here in town) with some friends. It was fun and made me appreciate living in a small community. I also love that as we are nearing the end of October, it is still t-shirt and shorts weather. There was a warm breeze last night that was just perfect - not too hot, not cold at all. I regret eating fried food though. My body is not loving that choice.
Life is good but incredibly busy (hence my lack of posting here). Just making it one day at a time right now with everything on my plate. Got to get to sleep so I'm signing off now.