Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's a Boy!

We found out on Tuesday that we are having another boy. People keep making comments about how I must feel badly that it's not a girl. Truthfully, I LOVE having a boy. Oliver is such an amazing kid. I am excited that he will have a little brother. I will admit, there are things about having a girl that would be fun (there are so many cuter baby girl clothes out there, for example) but we are excited to have another boy join our family. This one seems to be similar to his brother in that he is pretty active already. I have felt him kicking since July 11th (16 weeks). The ultra sound tech said his legs look very strong. Sounds like Oliver.

Wendel had to leave for a work meeting after the ultra sound so I was by myself waiting in a little room to have my blood drawn. I was thinking about this little boy and I felt the Spirit wash over me. I felt very strongly that he is meant to be a part of our family. I feel very blessed to have another child joining our family. (I am also a little nervous about the dynamics of having two kids. I'm sure there will be some adjustments, especially for Oliver. I am also nervous about choosing a name for this little guy. Wendel is still loving Bolt or Moose. I'm sure this kid won't have a name until a week after his birth, like his brother.) 

I am still tired all the time. I'm 18 weeks and waiting patiently for that burst of energy that should come sometime soon.

1 comment:

emily said...

Yay! Congrats on your news about your little boy! We are so excited for you! I'm way excited that our boys will be just a few days apart! That's exciting! I'm waiting for my second trimester energy boost too.... :)