Friday, March 19, 2010

this is love

I'm so grateful for such a wonderful husband. Last night I was so tired. W could see this and he suggested that I go to bed, and he stayed up with Oliver all night. I got 8 1/2 hours of blissful sleep. I woke up on my own at 9:30 and was overjoyed. Not only did W tough out the whole night with our little guy, but he did it without power, in the complete dark (our whole block was out of power until 3:30 am). He rocked our little baby and sang hymns to him. I love this man more everyday.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

You are so blessed Ashley....great husband and a precious baby boy. =]I'm sure you needed and deserved that full night's sleep!

Stephanie said...

Wow. He's definitely a keeper if he'll do all of that as a first-time dad. Seriously, wow. :o)

Mel said...

That's awesome, I'm so happy for you that you got such good sleep! What a nice husband. I haven't gotten 8 1/2 hours straight in a long time....none of my kids have taken bottles, argh.

Crystal Lynn said...

{tender}!

imbritney said...

It's so great that you guys can support each other. A new baby is TOUGH! I don't care what anyone says! :)