Friday, February 20, 2009

here we go again...

Sorry for all of you who are sick of hearing me complain about looking young. Actually, it's not so much complaining as it is me finding the humor in it. Oh, you couldn't tell? I also think my posterity might get a kick out of it, so I must record moments such as this:

I was at my internship yesterday, talking with the director and one of my co-workers. The director made a comment that she's been in this field since 1973. My co-worker said, "That's the year I was born." The director said, "I bet Ashley's parent's weren't even born in 1973." (Are you kidding me?) "Actually, I was born in 1979," I told her. My co-worker turned to me and said, "Are you kidding me? You look like you are twelve years old!" (Thanks.) My director looked pretty surprised when she realized that I am 29.

I'm laughing my head off over here, I tell you. On the inside.

6 comments:

Dave Van Tassell said...

May I suggest changing your look ?

bendanielsfamily said...

of course you would be older than 12 to do an internship :) people always say that my mom and i look like sisters it drives me crazy....are you saying my mom looks really young or i look really old. I'd gladly take thee 12 year old compliments :)

BloggerMom1 said...

Better than looking too old. Recently I was at my grandpa's funeral & I was standing next to my aunt (my mom's older sister). Someone thought that my aunt was my mom's daughter, meaning that I was my mom's sister. Pretty bad I tell ya. It was at that point that I relayed your "little rabbit with big ears" story. I laugh every time I think about it.

Andrea N said...

Oops, that last comment was me, Natalie has her own e-mail now (pathetic!!!) -Andrea

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

hahahaha wow, you look young (as in early 20s) but 12 years old?! Are you kidding?! lol I'm sorry Ashley!!

Ashley said...

Dave, I'm not sure if that look would make me look older...maybe just like a young scary kid.