Monday, April 16, 2007

check it out

Autism Speaks created a music video of the Five for Fighting song, "World", which features images of autistic children and their families. It is a truly moving video and was the work of Bill Shea. The band is generously donating $0.49 to Autism Speaks for each time the video is viewed - the funding goes toward research studies to help find a cure. When you have a moment, please visit the link below to watch the video and pass it along to your friends and family. They are aiming for 10,000 hits, but hopefully we can help them to surpass this goal.

To view the video, click here.

I got this off of Ali's blog. I think it's so cool. It only takes a few minutes to watch the video, and it's a great video. I am not personally close to anyone who has autism, but I know people who are, and I can't imagine what it would be like to love someone with something that no one knows the cause of, and no one knows the cure for. So if you have time, watch this video and help the cause.

This weekend was a Grey's Anatomy marathon for us. We are now done with Season 1 and Season 2. I must say, this is my new favorite show. It makes me laugh and cry, which is pretty cool. I love the music they use too. Dub and I really want the soundtrack. It's good stuff. And it takes place in Seattle. We love seeing the scenes and pans over the city. Very cool.

So I'm going to a 20 hour benefit crop this weekend. That's a lot of scrapbooking, but I'm looking forward to it. I just need to get all my stuff ready, and get pictures printed off...lots to do.

Happy Monday!

ETA: I just found out that there was a shooting at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA today. 32 people were killed (including the gunman) and 21 more are injured. This is close to my heart not only because it is just plain sad but also because I lived in Blacksburg for five years while my dad got his PhD from VA Tech. I have been on that campus. My heart is aching right now. So sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley! I just thought I would update you on the shooting. I was unsure if you had heard, but the new totals are 33 people dead and 28-29 people injured.
~Love,
Kirsti